Wednesday 12 December 2012

David Howarth Article



Aspire to Inspire...

                David Howarth


David Howarth is a local 20 year old who aspires to become a professional artist. He creates different art pieces of his favourite musical artists, television artists and famous actors including Kanye West, Muhammed Ali and Ron Weasley. To produces his pieces he uses a range of materials such as watercolours and paint, to form the canvases. Howarth befit’s from light when developing his art, highlighting the key features of the persons face.  He is a expanding his client audience and now selling to buyers across the globe. His unique sense of style allows him to express his creative personality through his clothes and body art. Recently I discussed with David his ambitions and what inspired him to get where he is today. 

Have you been interested in art from a young age?
 
Yeah, i used to sit and play drawing games with my mum before i knew how to write. I could draw an apple before i could draw my own name!
 
 
Is there anything in particular what got you interested in art?
 
Probably my mum again to be honest, she’s amazing at drawing so more than likely stems from there x
 
So would you say she inspires you the most? Or are they any other artists that do?
 
Well my mum inspired me to appreciate art but i remember visiting the Louvre in Paris when i was about 8, so I’d say it was a place- Rather than a person!
 
Ok, what high school did you go to?
 
Walkden 


Did you do art as a GCSE? If so what did you get?
 
Yeah got an A
 
Have you ever taken part in any art festivals, if so what were they called or do you plan to?
 
I haven’t! Yeah would be something I’d get involved in definitely
 
Have you ever bought any pieces of art?
 
Well i recently moved into my own place so been buying bits and bobs but mainly do my own work!
 
Who's your favourite person to draw and why?

 
I don’t have anyone in particular but i prefer drawing women to men as the have more defined features to work with eyelashes, defined cheek bones etc...
How do you begin to create the paintings?
 
It’s all done using grids, i draw a grid on the photo and the canvas, to scale, then roughly fill the separate boxes with lines, that’s when start to paint, i may have to spend several hours working into the picture to get it spot on


 
What's the hardest art piece you've painted?

 
There’s a Kanye West in my living room that I’m painting with metallic paint, which is hard to use because it has a similar consistency as butter
 
Out of all the paintings you've painted which one is your favourite?

 
Probably a Notorious BIG that I did about 18 months ago
 
Do you use any websites to sell your art?

 
Nope!
 
Don't know if this is true but, I've heard that you've sold a painting to someone in America?
 
A person from New York wanted to buy one, but postage costs were too dear at the time!
 
Ok, do you design your tattoos yourself?

 
I have designed like 3 of them but my tattoo artist is amazing!




I have designed like 3 of em But my tattoo artist is amazing!
Your tattoos are really good! What is she/he called?
12 Nov
Thanks! I have 2. One called Mr Jack, the other is called Chardaine Spelzini
Where do you see yourself in 10years?
If all goes to plan i want to run a small shop, more than likely in the local area, anything bigger would be a blessing!
Thank you so much for doing the interview I really appreciate it

No comments:

Post a Comment